Monday, June 11, 2012

A Modest Proposal

I am a fan of satire. One of my literary desires is to translate C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters into a modern correspondence. I'm still mapping that discussion in my head, but I've recently re-read another satirical favorite: A Modest Proposal by Jonathon Swift. I laugh every time I read it.

So, I've just given you two names.

C.S. Lewis

Jonathan Swift

Now, go and stock your home library with everything they've ever written.

But first, click on the link and go read my lastest post at Ignitum Today.

A Modest Proposal for Progressive Prevention of Unwanted Children while Making Them Beneficial to the Public good and Saving Mother Earth.

5 comments:

  1. I get a lot of Jonathan Swift fans with this page on my domain...

    http://peacefulwaters.org/proposal.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your posts on Ignitum! Great job! I even copied the letter to your friend and put it in my "notes" for future reference!

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teaching Jonathon Swift--I especially love it when kids don;t realize it's satire at first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before you write that book, you should check out "The Gargoyle Code" by Fr. Dwight Longenecker. He's already done that, I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this beautiful message dear. I am very grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete